ROSEWOOD & ALUMINIUM TABLE
POUL CADOVIUS for FRANCE & SON, DENMARK
diameter 140cm - height 71cm -
- Circa 1966.
- Designed by Poul Cadovius (1911 - 2011).
- France & Son label to underside.
- Stunning circular rosewood table with aluminium pedestal, edging and centre.
- Repolished but retaining the ghosts of old scratches and three small indentations to the rosewood.
- Aluminium cleaned and polished, but some scratches and small indentations.
- Attractive book matched rosewood with good colour.
An amazingly beautiful statement table to seat up to six, this is the larger version of this deluxe design.
& Søn was one of Denmark´s greatest makers of furniture.
Originally the company was called France and Daverkosen, after Mr. France moved
from the UK to Denmark and met his business partner, cabinet maker Mr.
Daverkosen. Later on the company became France & Son as Julian France
joined in his father´s footsteps. The company was sold to Poul Cadovious
in 1964 and existed under the name CADO. Deconet
Table shown with six rosewood and black leather dining chairs by Arne Vodder for Sibast, 1967. Price for complete set £2250.
|© HAYLOFT mid-century 2011 firstname.lastname@example.org|