G-PLAN DANISH RANGE SIDEBOARD
Designed by KOFOD LARSEN
length 153cm - height 72cm - depth 46cm
- Rare and collectible sideboard designed by Ib Kofod Larsen in 1962 for the G-Plan Danish Range, originally purchased 1963.
- Very good condition throughout, with no significant marks.
- Teak veneer onto mahogany, and solid rosewood handles, legs and rebated edging.
- Attractive continuous teak grain to front.
- Gplan Danish/Larsen gold signature inside top drawer.
The sideboard has been repolished, oiled and waxed and is in lovely condition, ready to display in a modern interior. There are some slight signs of use, in particular some polished in marks to an area of one draw, and small indentations to the top.These are not significant and are shown in the final 2 photos. The sideboard has been refinished to a high standard by Hayloft.
'Danish Range' was launched by G-plan in the mid 60s. It was more expensive than the standard ranges, and is therefore rarer and more collectible today.
The design is simple, stylish and instantly recogniseable, with signature square handles, sculptural underframe and sharp rebated framework.
|© HAYLOFT mid-century 2011 email@example.com|