|HENRY MOORE by JOHN
HEDGECOE (1932 - 2010)
- Original 1966 C-type colour print by John Hedgecoe of the sculptor Henry Moore.
- Features in the 1968 book 'Henry Moore' by John Hedgecoe, and is one of the few colour images in the book.
- Depicts the strong profile of the sculptor through deckchair canvas.
- Previously gifted by John Hedgecoe to the Arts Club, London.
- Signed by the photographer, dated and titled to the front of the mount.
- The photograph is in excellent condition, reframed with original mount visible.
- Early copy of the book included.
John Hedgecoe worked closely with Henry Moore, documenting at length his working practices, personal life and sculptures. The 1968 book is an extensive work. This is such a striking and appealing image, aside from its importance as an artwork and a record of Henry Moore, and produced when colour photography was still relatively uncommon.
John Hedgecoe was an award-winning British photographer and author of over 30 books on photography. He established the photography department in 1965 at the Royal College of Art, where he was Professor from 1975 to 1994 and Professor Emeritus until his death. His photographs appear in permanent collections at the New York Museum of Modern Art and London's National Portrait Gallery.
|© HAYLOFT mid-century 2011-15 firstname.lastname@example.org|