MOGENS KOLD ROSEWOOD SIDEBOARD
width 160cm - height 71cm - depth 45cm
- Stunning Danish rosewood sideboard by quality maker
- Designed by Arne Hovmand Olsen.
- Design classic originally purchased 1977.
- Supplied by Harrods.
- Well made example of Danish design.
- Excellent original lacquer finish.
- Almost new condition.
- Fine figured rosewood inside and out.
- Booked matched grain pattern across drawers and doors.
- Striking sled legs and simple grooved door and drawer tops.
- Rarely available.
Artwork can be purchased from Hayloft Contemporary
Designed c. 1960 by quality company Mogens Kold, sideboards of this quality and condition are rarely available. This style of sideboard was made in both teak and rosewood, with this particular example undoubtably the most attractive of its type.
This sleek design is uninterrupted by handles, with distinctive grooves to the doors and drawers, enhancing the highly figured rosewood. The square pattern sled legs are also unmistakeable.
The rosewood is continued to the interior of the cupboard, with contrasting blonde wood to the drawers interiors.
Established in 1914, Mogens Kold were one of the largest hardwood factories in Denmark. Furniture production began in 1950, and continued until the 90's. Mogens Kold created Denmark's first design centre in 1970.
|© HAYLOFT mid-century 2011 email@example.com|